Contextual factors play an integral role in the learning process. Teachers who recognize these factors equip themselves to meet the learning needs of diverse student populations. Additionally, by modifying instruction or procedures to address all of the students’ contextual factors, they will have an increased likelihood of academic success.
Create an 8-10 slide digital presentation for a teacher professional development on how contextual factors affect student learning.
Include the following:
- Explain how social interactions, culture, society, and technology can positively and negatively affect student development and readiness for learning.
- List instructional strategies and tools that could be used to address each contextual factor (social interactions, culture, society, and technology) during classroom instruction. Example: grouping strategies for social interactions.
- Discuss two specific examples of how you would modify classroom instruction to address any of these four contextual factors (e.g., you provide an internet-based family activity, but several of your students’ families do not have internet access at home). Discuss how you would modify each activity to meet student needs and ensure growth in learning.
- A title slide, a reference slide, and presenter’s notes. The title slide and reference slide DO NOT count as part of your slide count, because they are not considered content. Include a minimum of eight slides of content to be successful with this assignment.
- The digital presentation should include graphics that are relevant to the content, visually appealing, and use space appropriately.
Support your presentation with 2-3 scholarly resources.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite Technical Support Articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance