The purpose of this assignment is to learn to compute key probabilities.
- Consider the following example survey results of 18-34 years olds in the United States, in response to the question “Are you currently living with your family?”: YesNoTotalsMen106141247Women92161253Totals198302500
2. Develop the joint probability table for these data and use it to answer the following questions.
3. What are the marginal probabilities?
4. What is the probability of living with family given you are an 18 to 34 year old man in the U.S.?
5. What is the probability of living with family given you are 18 to 34 year old woman in the U.S.?
6. What is the probability of an 18 to 34 year old in the U.S. living with family?
7. If, in the U.S., 49.4% of 18 to 34 year olds are male, do you consider this a good representative sample? Why?