Prepare the persuasive full-speech outline. (Please view the sample outline attached here for more guidance.) The outline should have enough content to deliver an 8-10 minute persuasive speech. The outline should include the following:
- Specific Purpose
- Central Idea(aka Thesis Statement or Preview Statement)
- Introduction– capture attention, establish YOUR speaker credibility, preview the speech
- Body– key points (minimum of 3), transitions between main points, supporting materials from at least three (3) sources, including in-text references to the sources.
- Conclusion – signal the end, summarize main points
- Researched supporting material references (minimum 3) – include a References list at the end of your outline formatted to meet the requirements of APA style.
- Identification of a presentation aid(visual)
- Use persuasive techniques and language