In this assignment you will select and research what you believe to be the most important and pressing economic issue that confronts the United States in the health care industry today, and potential ways in which to mitigate the issue. Consider the economic effects of the issue on the health care industry, strategies to address the issue, and best practices for implementing the strategies. You will write a paper to formulate strategies and the application of best practices from other countries based on your research to address a selected economic issue confronting the U.S. health care industry.
Provide a review of the selected issue in a 4–5 page paper in which you:
- Develop a detailed description of the selected issue and the research process conducted.
- Analyze the most significant economic effects of the researched issue on the health care industry supported with least two examples of the economic effects.
- Formulate specific strategies that relevant entities/stakeholders may use to address the selected issue from an economic perspective supported with a rationale for the strategy.
- Develop a strategic manner in which the United States can apply economic best practices from other countries to support the strategies for addressing the issue.
- Critique the likelihood of the government and the private sector to effectively address the issue.
- Use at least three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.