Chronic disease such as asthma or heart disease may be the easiest??
In this assignment, you will critique a health or healthcare program based on provided literature. Before beginning this assignment, please visit the module Resources section and review the program critique reading resource.
For this assignment, you will identify the activities used to achieve cultural competence. Then, you will explain whether the given program satisfies the four key ethical principles. Finally, you will describe additional activities that would help ensure the program has met the principles of social justice.
This assignment will help you analyze how your program is expected to address cultural competence and satisfy key ethical and social justice principles. It will also ask you to consider the importance of health literacy when interacting with targeted populations. You will use findings from this assignment to improve your strategy to address cultural competence in your program.
Write a program critique that examines a health or healthcare program designed to improve self-management for individuals living with chronic disease. As you develop your critique, assess the program’s design to achieve cultural competence. Determine if each of the four key ethical principles were satisfied and if the principles of social justice were considered.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Social Justice Principles: Determine whether the program considered principles of social justice, providing examples to support your claims. Consider the following questions to guide your response:
- Which principles of social justice were met and which weren’t? Justify your rationale.
- What activities would you add to improve this aspect of the program?
- Key Ethical Principles: Explain whether the program satisfied the four key ethical principles required of program designs, providing examples to support your claims. Consider the following questions to guide your response:
- Why is designing and evaluating a program in an ethical manner important?
- What improvements would you suggest for this program to ensure it adheres to ethical principles?
- Cultural Competence: Determine whether the program adequately addressed cultural competence, explaining your rationale. Consider the following questions to guide your response:
- What additional activities would you suggest to address cultural competence in the given program?
- Do you believe the program’s cultural competence activities impacted the outcomes? Why or why not?
- Summary and Recommendations: Summarize your findings from the program analysis and share your recommendations to improve the consideration of cultural competence, social justice, and ethical principles. Consider the following question to guide your response:
- What would you do differently to ensure the given program satisfies key ethical and social justice principles and addresses cultural competency?
Note that all the claims in your deliverable should be evidence based. Your citations should be from your independent search for evidence (not from the scenario, textbook, or module resources) of credible sources and be current within the last five years. You are required to cite a minimum of one source overall. Refer to the Shapiro Library Guide: Nursing—Graduate located in the Start Here section of the course for additional support. If you need writing support, access the Online Writing Center through the Academic Support module of your course.
Guidelines for Submission
Your submission should be a 2- to 3-page Word document. Also include a title page. Use 12-point Times New Roman font, double spacing, and one-inch margins. Sources should be cited according to APA style.