The case discussion questions are designed to make you think strategically at the CIO/CISO level. In your discussion of each question, focus on how you would deal with each of these situations if you were the CIO/CISO thus integrated both your business acumen and your technical knowledge. The business case comes directly from a real-world example.
Please prepare a PowerPoint Presentation (with references at the end) highlighting at a minimum but not limited to the following:
- How could the banks mentioned in this case have mitigated or prevented the thefts?
- How would smart cards be safer than magnetic swipe cards? Why?
- Why would this type of distributed bank theft be faster and incur larger losses than a traditional strong-arm bank robbery?
- Are cybercrime efforts becoming more targeted? Why?
- Why are organizations hesitant to report losses related to cybercrime?
- Why are malicious insiders a focus of security experts?
- As this is a Masters Level Presentation… Take one facet from above – perform additonal research and expand the topic.
Your deliverable for this assignment is the PowerPoint Presentation covering the main points, with a reference page at the enc. Please do not just do a question/ answer slide presentation. The intent is to demonstrate your mastery at the CIO/ CIISO level.
View RubricCase Study Rubric (1)Case Study Rubric (1)CriteriaRatingsPtsProfessional Assignment/ Presentationview longer description/ 2 ptsStrong Introduction describing the purporse of the presentation.view longer description/ 5 ptsAll topics covered in the presentation.view longer description/ 5 ptsResearch and expansion of the topicview longer description/ 5 ptsConclusionview longer description/ 5 ptsReferencesview longer description