The Redesign expectations explain what you are required to do with the prior coursework you choose to redesign. The Summary expectations are for the separate written portion of this assignment.
- Redesign – ISTE-S Standard (1 Point): Redesign a lesson plan or curriculum project that reflects a minimum of one ISTE-S standard labeled with number, title, and objective(s). For example:
- Creativity and Innovation
- Apply existing knowledge to generate new ideas, products and processes.
- Redesign – Grade Level / CCSS Alignment (1 Point): Redesign a lesson plan or curriculum project that clearly labels a grade level and content specific CCSS (Links to an external site.) (Math or English Language Arts) which is aligned with a minimum of one Core Subject and 21st Century Themes (Links to an external site.) and a minimum of one Learning and Innovation Skill (Links to an external site.), one Information, Media, & Technology Skill (Links to an external site.), and evidence of at least one Life and Career Skill (Links to an external site.).
- Summary – Introduction/Conclusion (1 Point): In one paragraph, provide an introductory summary that concisely presents the scope and organization of the summary writing and a one-paragraph conclusion that summarizes the key points of your summary.
- Summary – Modification (2 Point): In one paragraph, summarize the changes you made to address ISTE- S, CCSS, and 21st Century Skills and how your activity addresses each. Explicitly state how your redesign assignment provides evidence of at least two PLO’s from your master’s program Download PLO’s from your master’s program.
- Summary – Evaluation (2 Point): In one paragraph, evaluate the appropriate 21st century support system components that align with your redesigned activity and, using examples, evaluate how each influences learner-centered instruction and the creation of a technology-enriched learning environment promoting learner achievement and innovations. 21st century support systems include: 21st century standards, assessment for 21st century skills, 21st century curriculum and instruction, and 21st century learning environments.
- Summary – Reflection (2 Point): In one paragraph, summarize your experience with the redesign in terms of challenges you encountered and how you overcame those challenges.