The threaded discussion will provide the student with the opportunity to explore different topics, share what he/she is learning with classmates, and gain clarity about the content. This assignment reflects student centered independent learning.
The student will:
• Apply critical thinking through participation of selected topics
• Engage in thoughtful discourse with peers
• Incorporate topic discussion into clinical judgment and decision making within the setting
• The original post must be at least 200 – 300 words in length
• Describe what you feel is a typically older adult.
• What are some of the typical characteristics you would expect to observe?
• What are your thoughts about aging for your parents and/or yourself?
• Share an experience you have had with an older adult (give examples). It can be positive, negative, challenging, or humorous. What did you learn from this experience?