Creating a PowerPoint Presentation for Future Colleagues
For this week’s Assignment, you will create a PowerPoint® presentation that illustrates the connection between current psychology research and your role in your selected career field. You will present a psychology research article that relates to your career field and what can be learned from it.
- Go to the Library and select a topic that connects psychology with your career field. Be sure to select the peer-reviewed box, so that you know your research studies are primary academic sources. For example:
- A future addictions counselor may select the effectiveness of cognitive behavioral therapy.
- A future business professional may select ways of improving work morale.
- An early childhood development professional may select behavior modification techniques to improve classroom behavior.
- After reviewing several studies, select one research study that most interests you.
- Be sure to email the Librarian if you need help with this. (The Librarian will likely need one business day to respond.)
- Click on the Cite link to bring up an APA reference for your article.
- After reviewing the entire article, focus on the abstract and the introductory section for the main highlights of the research.
- Create a presentation, using the Unit 8 Assignment Template (located in Course Documents), that is at least 10 slides long to present this information to future colleagues. Consider this presentation training for future colleagues on how your study relates to your career field. Your slides should address the following questions:
- Identify your career field and article you selected.
- Describe the highlights of the research study.
- Relate the research to your career field.
- Discuss principles of learning that you will utilize in your career (i.e., classical and operant conditioning, observational learning, reinforcements, punishments, and shaping).