This competency assessment assesses the following Outcome(s):
HA425-6: Integrate the five domains of quality to positively impact the provision of healthcare.
Patients with chronic diseases or conditions may require multiple visits within the healthcare system, whether that is office visits, lab services, surgery, therapy or other care. In this Assignment, you will integrate the five domains of quality with the care of a hypothetical patient to positively impact the provision of healthcare.
Create a PowerPoint presentation with at least six (6) content slides that addresses the following:
- Describe each of the following five domains of quality improvement in a healthcare environment:
- Patient experience
- Choose one chronic disease or condition where a patient would be required to visit a healthcare facility on a regular basis.
- Describe the challenges these patients may face in relation to the five domains of quality improvement (under-insured, improper discharge, poor customer service, etc).
- Using your patient as an example, describe how quality could be improved in each of the five domains (Decreased wait time,Continuity of care,Improved patient/provider communication, etc)
Minimum Submission Requirements
- Proper notification of any resubmission, repurposing, or reworking of prior work per the Purdue Global Student Coursework Resubmission, Repurposing, and Reworking Policy Resource.
- Your submission is composed in a Microsoft Word document.
- To meet the objective requirements, your response is at least 500 words in length.
- Your submission includes specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements to demonstrate mastery of the objective.
- Your submission includes a highly developed viewpoint and purpose.
- Your response is in Standard English and demonstrates superior organization.
- Your communication is highly ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Your submission displays exceptional content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- A separate page at the end of your response contains a list of references.
- Include both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources used following proper APA citation style.
- Please review the APA formatting and citation style in Academic Tools – Academic Writer.
If the work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned for revision. If the work submitted does not meet the minimum submission requirements by the end of the term, you will receive a failing score.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University’s Code of Student Conduct, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.
For more information on plagiarism and the University’s Code of Student Conduct, refer to the current University Catalog.