- Weight: 10% of course grade
- Grading Rubric
Internal MigrationWe discussed in the unit lesson that most migration is internal, and there are three main reasons why people move internally in their country: age, employment, and a location’s physical environment. Write a two-page essay about the impact of internal migration on your state or a state where you previously resided.
- How has the population changed in your state over the past 5 years?
- Is your state gaining or losing residents?
- Where are the residents mainly coming from or going to?
- What are the push-pull factors accounting for the population changes?
- What economic and environmental impacts are the population changes having in your state?
- Conclude the essay with a section discussing your own internal migration story. Have you moved within or between states? What were the push and pull factors relating to your move or moves? If you have not moved, please list some of the factors that have kept you from moving.
Note: If you reside outside the United States, you can either discuss any U.S. state where you previously lived or discuss your current location. You must use at least one outside source from the CSU Online Library. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying APA citations.Click here for a tutorial for from the Success Center that covers the basics of essay writing.