The purpose of this paper is for you to reflect on the course content involving transnational crime and its future effects on the United States or that of another country’s economy, crime level, and so forth.
You will select from one of the following transnational crimes:
1) drug trafficking,
2) weapons trafficking,
3) cyber-crime and fraud,
4) trafficking in persons,
5) smuggling of migrants, or
6) sex crimes.
As a part of your reflection, identify any laws or actions that have been taken by the United States or a country/international entity to stop your chosen crime. In addition, you will address the information below.
1) What was the result (successful or not successful)?
2) What type of control is used in managing the crime (individual or organization)?
3) How much money is estimated to be spent in trying to obtain the product being produced or provided by the crime?
4) Consider what you have learned in this course; has it changed your personal perspective(s) about the seriousness of transnational crimes? Explain how learning about transnational crimes will be of value in your future learning endeavors in the criminal justice field.
Your reflection paper must be at least two pages in length, not counting the title page and references page. You must include two scholarly sources, and you should utilize your textbook as a resource (i.e., you should have at least three resources).