Step 1 Write five sentences with spelling errors.
- Make sure the sentences are at a moderate length (anywhere from 10 – 25 words in each).
- Once you’ve written them, post them on the discussion board.
- Do not include answers or say which words are misspelled; your classmates can figure that out for themselves.
Step 2Read and respond to other students’ posts.
Read other students’ posts and respond to at least two of them. In addition to other comments you may have, address the following in your response posts:
- Access your other classmates’ sentences and re-write their sentences correctly.
- Make sure you pick a classmate to whom nobody has responded yet. This way, each person will have somebody to correct. Do not use any kind of spell-check.
- Use what you’ve learned in class so far and the spelling knowledge you possess.
Use your personal experience, if it’s relevant, to support or debate at least two other students’ posts. If differences of opinion occur, debate the issues professionally and provide examples to support opinions.