For this competency-level demonstration of mastery, you will summarize how the concepts in Competency 3 are applied to a situation in the real world. You will need to complete the following steps:
- Locate a recent article (from within the last 5 years) from the library’s databases OR interview a business leader about how a time series pattern, a linear trend projection, or a seasonality model has been used to resolve a forecasting problem.
- Summarize the problem presented in the article or interview.
- Explain the objective function and constraints the business faced in relation to this problem.
- Describe the linear programming model used to solve this problem.
- Provide the optimal solution presented in the article or interview.
- Summarize the final outcome of the implementation of the solution.
- Incorporate citations from the lecture videos.
- Include your perspective of operations management in the modern economy, and how a Christian worldview affects organizational decision-making. How might a Christian worldview be used to assist in the forecasting problem discussed in this paper?
- Your summary should be between 500 and 750 words (not including the title and references pages).
- Use proper APA formatting and citations throughout.