Face recognition is a method of identifying or verifying the identity of an individual using their face. Face recognition systems can be used to identify people in photos, video, or in real-time. Law enforcement may also use mobile devices to identify people during police stops.
1. What are the benefits of using facial recognition software technology?
2. Name some of the risks associated with this technology?
3. What industries or companies are using facial recognition and what are they using it for?
4. How do you feel about law enforcement using this technology?
5. Do you believe this system would work to catch terrorists and criminals? How so?
6. Are the benefits of facial recognition technology more trouble than they are worth for retailers?