Review some of the main topics covered address the following:
- Identify the components of an information system using the five-component framework and provide a brief summary of each.
- Explain Porter’s five forces model.
- Management information systems incorporate software and hardware technologies to provide useful information for decision-making. Explain each of the following information systems and use at least one example in each to support your discussion:
- A collaboration information system.
- A database management system.
- A content management system.
- A knowledge management/expert system.
- A customer relationship management system.
- An enterprise resource planning system.
- A social media information system.
- A business intelligence/decision support system.
- An enterprise information system.
- Identify and discuss one technical and one human safeguard to protect against IS security threats.
- There are several processes that can be used to develop information systems and applications such as SDLC and SCRUM (Agile Development). Provide a brief description of SDLC and SCRUM and then discuss at least one similarity and one difference between SDLC and SCRUM.
- Sum it up by discussing the importance of MIS.
At least three pages long.