Discussion 1: Evidence-Based Interventions Used in Trauma
Individuals can experience trauma from public events at the national level or extremely private ones at the interpersonal level. In this Discussion, you analyze these two types of trauma, describing potential interventions and their effectiveness.
To prepare: Read the DSM-5 section on trauma and stressor-related disorders and review the Learning Resources on PTSD, disaster response, and trauma.
Then search the literature for studies related to an evidence-based intervention used to treat those suffering from trauma and stressor-related issues. Specifically, locate the following: (2 ARTICLES OF YOUR CHOICE)
- One study on treating symptoms resulting from a national traumatic event (e.g., natural disaster, mass shooting)
- One study on treating symptoms resulting from an interpersonal trauma (e.g., rape, childhood sexual molestation, domestic violence)
By Day 3
Post a response in which you address the following:
- Post the APA references for the two studies you located.
- Provide a brief description of the traumatic events, including a summary of how they affected the individuals involved.
- Describe the interventions discussed in the articles and explain how they addressed the psychosocial issues and needs of the individuals affected by the trauma.
- Explain the effectiveness of the interventions, as stated in the articles.
- Analyze and discuss the similarities and differences in the individuals’ needs depending on whether the issues occurred due to a national traumatic event or an interpersonal trauma.
Support your post with specific references to the resources. Be sure to provide full APA citations for your references.