In Week 1, you used the scientific method to design research studies (basic and applied). Now you will select one of them (either the basic or the applied one) and build upon it using the skills you have developed since then. You are going to write the ‘introduction and background’ and the ‘method’ section of your study. Make sure that you review peer reviewed articles so that you can model your sections after those in peer reviewed journal articles. The background section of your study should be supported by at least 10 peer reviewed journal articles. Be sure to also specify your experimental and null hypothesis. In the method section, you will need to identify the methods of data collection, the participants, and the procedure for your study.
At the conclusion of these two sections you need to write a rationale for your study that includes the following:
- Analyze the types of sources used and how these choices may affect results.
- Justify why your chosen methods of data collection are the optimal choice.
- Discuss what type of approach you chose (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, or both) and evaluate why you chose this approach.
- Please provide your answers in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document.
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.